Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Using Music to Create Visual Art

It is a pretty amazing thing, how sights can inspire music, but it is also not uncommon for music to inspire sights in the form of artwork. Music can change the way we think and feel; therefore, it can influence the things we do and the way we do them. If you were to draw a persons profile while listening to the mellow sounds of jazz, odds are, your final project would look nothing like it would if you were listening to a much more intense music such as heavy metal. It is fascinating  how the senses intertwine and influence each other. 


EMP Guitar Statue



This sculpture, created out of a wide variety of guitars, is located at the EMP Museum in Seattle, Washington. It is a wild sculpture to see in person. Its enormous scale commands your attention as you enter the museum. Every time I visit, I love to try and count the different guitar brands and models it is comprised of.

Picasso's Three Musicians




Three Musicians, by Pablo Picasso, is another great example of musically inspired artwork. This piece screams Picasso, with his classic abstract cubism which he was so famous for.

My Uke




In an anticlimactic end to this post, this is a little project that I did for fun a while back. I was bored with the same old ukulele and I wanted to give it a bit of personality. I took a sharpie to it and this was the end result. I had a lot of fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment